Spring Awakening Challenge
To celebrate ONE YEAR ON THE QUEST and the SPRING EQUINOX, we’re offering a FREE WEEK ON THE QUEST!
Join our Spring Awakening Challenge for a chance to refresh and reboot, just in time for spring. We will have multiple movement and fitness classes a day, including yoga, pilates, foundation training, barre burn, and all types of yoga (strengthening to restorative). Plus, we are hosting two great events with extra special guests, Peruvian ceramic artist Pablo Seminario and a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda, and sports medicine, Dr. John Douillard. Find the schedule and sign up below!
When you register, you will get access and links to join all of these events!
Spring Awakening Challenge Week Schedule:
*All times are in MDT*
Each morning, start off your day with a Mindful Morning Practice.
Saturday, March 20th: Spring Equinox!
4pm: Ceramics Seminario from the Sacred Valley in Peru
We are kicking off the week with our friends in the Sacred Valley, Peru. We will visit the ceramics studio of the Peruvian artist Pablo Seminario and his wife Marilú Behar. Pablo uses ancient motifs and techniques to create stunning pieces of art and sculpture. I’m so thrilled to be able to bring the world to a very special place in the world and in my heart. I feel THE LIGHT is born in the Sacred Valley, and especially in the ceramic pottery studio of Pablo and Marilú. I met these lovely people many years ago and was blown away by the incredible colors and designs of their art. We will hear the story of their pottery, the ancient styles and cultures of Peru that inspire them, and their special glazes. There will be an opportunity to shop at the end!
Who is Pablo Seminario?
- Pablo was born in the north of Perú (Piura) in 1948. Since he was a little boy, he showed a great interest in ancient Peruvian cultures and their artistic expressions. He went on to study architecture and sculpture in Lima, where he worked professionally as an architect. In 1979, he moved to Cusco where he met his partner Marilú Behar, and together they developed their ceramic art studio.
- Pablo has received innumerous awards and recognitions, both in Perú and internationally, and is a recipient of the Nacional Joaquín López Antay award. His pieces have been acquired by various museums, including the MAP (Pre-Colombian Art Museum in Cusco), The Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, and the Field Museum of Chicago.
Who is Marilú Behar?
- Marilú was born in Lima, Perú in 1957. Even as a small child, Marilú showed a strong interest in art and was already artistically talented. Marilú has had the opportunity to travel the world and live in several countries, which has influenced her artistic expression. Her love of Perú, and her special interest in Cusco, brought her back to the region in 1980 where she met Pablo Seminario. Together they founded Cerámicas Seminario studio in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Check out their work and website here.
Sunday, March 21st:
5:15pm: Yoga with Gretchen Spiro: Mechanics and Magic
Monday, March 22nd:
7:30am: Morning Musings / Yoga with Jacqueline Stanford
12:15pm: Barre Burn with Christina Russell
5pm: Foundation Training with Vicki Hunter
Tuesday, March 23rd:
10am: Foundation Training with Vicki Hunter
- Certified Foundation Training Instructor Level II; Lydiard Level II Running Coach; RallySport Fitness Instructor
- Check out Vicki’s website here!
4pm: Tabata Time with Jax
Wednesday, March 24th:
8am: Awakening the Senses with Colleen Cannon
5:30pm: Restorative Yoga with Liz Crouch
- “I was introduced to yoga and meditation when I was a junior in college. As a competitive college athlete, you are constantly trained to push your body to its limits and in some cases ignore pain. When I tried yoga for the first time It was refreshing to find something that felt instantly calming and nourishing to both my mind and body. Since then, yoga and holistic health has played an instrumental role in my life… I feel very fortunate that I’ve been able to combine my personal passion’s for travel, health and wellbeing with my career. It’s now been eight years that I’ve worked guiding groups of clients by bike, hike and offering yoga in some of the worlds most desired travel destinations. Even in my off time I still like to travel the world, focusing on exploring different holistic practices that keep people around the world happy and healthy. When I can I try to give back by offering the practices that I’ve learned providing yoga and meditation classes to the public”
Thursday, March 25th:
8am: Strength Yoga Fusion with Christina Russell
6pm: Spring Awakening with Dr. John Douillard
- My dear friend, Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP, is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda, and sports medicine. He is the creator of LifeSpa, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web. Dr. John Douillard will join us for a discussion this spring on cleansing, resetting fat burning, detoxing old emotions, boosting immunity, empowered aging, and breathing exercises for longevity. I worked with Dr. Douillard when I was a professional triathlete and can confidently say that he was one of the reasons I won the World Championships in Triathlon. We will go over a fitness plan and cleanse for the springtime to feel good and look good. You don’t want to miss this! Check out his Ayurvedic Fitness Plan that we’ll be learning about.
Friday, March 26th:
5am: Hatha Yoga with Liz Crouch
9am: Pilates with Gretchen Iniguez
- Gretchen Iniguez is a past Quester (Hawaii 2021)! Her passion for Pilates began in 2005 when she was certified through a locally owned Pilates studio. In 2008 Gretchen opened her own studio, Lifestyle Pilates in Petaluma, which has grown in popularity with each passing year. She strongly believes that health and fitness are a way of life, which is why she’s built a lifestyle that exhibits her dedication and commitment to helping others enjoy their path to optimal health. As a veteran of over 18 years in the fitness industry, Gretchen has taught gymnastics to children and adults for 12 years and was a certified Personal Trainer through the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFFA) for three years. She is also a graduate of the Institute for Interactive Nutrition (IIN) as a fully certified Holistic Health Coach. Additionally, she is certified by Balanced Body Barre to teach Barre classes.