Happy Mother’s Day to ALL WOMEN AROUND THE WORLD (children or no-children). If you are female you are maternal in some way and taking care of everything around you because it is in our genetic make-up to be CARETAKERS! Women have some strange 360 view of all situations and are always tending to “what needs to be done!” So let’s celebrate every aspect of being a Female. Let’s all EXHALE together, take a deep breath in and send loving kindness to ourselves and All Women, Mothers, Mother Earth, Aunties, God-Mothers, and all Goddesses around the globe.
I do not have children and used to feel left out on Mother’s Day but then my husband would send me these Mother’s Day cards from: my animals, the plants, the rocks, the sky, and projects I had finished, the house, the barn and all of the Questers I had mothered for the last 30 years. At Women’s Quest we always give Praises to the Mothers that take time for themselves and come on a retreat because it renews and refreshes them on every level, because we are facing burnout.. not just in MOMS but in females everywhere.
Women are going full throttle, working full time, raising children, leading companies, being on non-profits, racing Ironmans, juggling schedules that are way over booked. I have a few small things that you can do for yourself this Mother’s Day to Escape the Madness in your Mind for a Moment!!
1) Put your legs up the wall.. Yes.. that is right. Super easy and the benefits are amazing (Viparita Karani) which is a restorative yoga posture that allows the mind and the body to relax, relieving stress and tension.
2) Wake up early on Sunday and do a full body Abyanga massage. This is just a simple way to feel good instantly by giving yourself a whole body self massage which will calm your nerves.
– start with dry brushing the body which will detoxify by increasing blood circulation and promoting lymph drainage and flow
– heat up Sesame Oil slightly and starting from the head go down the body and rub in the oil which helps calm the nerves. Then I jump in a warm shower and I feel GREAT!
3) Get OUTSIDE and Tune-In with Mother Nature and do Forest Bathing. You don’t have to get wet.. you just walk in the forest, relax and feel the healing vibration of the trees. Shinrin-yoku is a term that means “taking in the forest atmosphere” or “forest bathing.” It was developed in Japan during the 1980s and has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine. According to Dr. Li,forest bathing can boost the immune system, increase energy, decrease anxiety, depression and anger, and reduce stress and bring about a state of relaxation.
4) LET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOW. Women are creative and our true nature needs this expression!! Take a moment to relax and see what is bubbling up and wanting to express itself. It could be as simple as making a sandwich. I like to make a Cairn of rocks which is creative and each rock can symbolize something you are thankful for, or something you may want to bring into your life. You just stack and balance one rock on top of the other rocks.
5) Just BE….. Take this day for YOU.. just because you are YOU and CELEBRATE YOU!! Remember you are a MOM of something!
Babies are born from the womb. Maternity is born from the soul. There are many ways to mother. Just keep calm and mother on!