“You’re off to great places, today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way” ~Dr. Seuss
Take a hike can mean two different things in the English language. On this special day, we want you to literally take a hike! Or if it is snowing in your neck of the woods, take a snowshoe OR just reminisce about an amazing hike that you did this past summer. You never know what magic you may find!!!
I love to hike and be in nature because I can lose my already lost mind.. and find my soul! It is essential for me to be outside and connect, so when they came up with a special day called TAKE A HIKE DAY…. I knew I had to drop everything, head to the trails, hike around and do SOME FOREST BATHING.
Women’s Quest has been blessed to be able to hike all around the world.. Here are THE TOP 10 HIKES WE DO!!
Here is my list and in no particular order:
1) Vermont, The Long Trail near Stowe
2) California, The Armstrong Redwoods and Bishops Ranch trails
3) San Juan Islands, Mt Constitution Hike
4) Hawaii, Hike to City of Refuge, then jump in and swim with dolphins
5) Colorado, Mesa Trail near Boulder, Hessie Trail near Eldora, and all the trails in Winter Park
6) Utah, Angels landing trail
7) Patagonia, Torres Del Panne National Park the Towers Hike
8) Peru, Inca Trail to Machu Picchu or Pumawanka trail to the Priestess Spot
9) Iceland, Hvergerdi Hot River Trail, (we actually stop on the trail and jump in the hot river!)
10) My backyard in Nederland Colorado… *actually the best spot of all!!!
“Between every two pines there is a doorway to a new world” – John Muir