Sonoma Adventure Retreat
April 7-11, 2024
Ahhh, Sonoma County . . . home to world-class wineries, delectable cuisine, enchanting redwood forests, and the magnificence of the northern California coast.
Join health and wellness experts from the Women’s Quest staff as we spend 5 days to REBOOT, REFOCUS and REKINDLE your energy. We have combined physical movement (Hiking in the redwoods, the best Road Cycling in the world *Plus you can rent E-Bikes now), with inward movement, (Yoga, Art, and Meditation) plus afternoon wine tasting and inspirational lectures.
All levels are welcome. Whether you’re an accomplished cyclist, or haven’t been on your bike in a while, our guides tailor the rides to ensure you’re pedaling beside kindred spirits on matched terrain. (We also have electric bikes which make it really fun!!)
What to expect:
Our hike will take us to the Majestic Armstrong Redwood forest where we will be transformed by the magnificence of nature. We will hike beneath this redwood forest’s soaring canopy and be humbled by trees that have lived more than a thousand years. These magnificent gifts of nature will give us a chance to reflect and slow down. When you leave a redwood forest, the world is never quite the same, at least for a little while.
We’ll also partake in daily yoga, meditation, journaling, massage, and creative activities like our Heart’s Desire process, to get you connected with your highest potential. This retreat is as much an adventure for your body as it is your soul, and both will be at their best during our 5 inspired days together. Join us on this well-deserved reward for your senses and we’ll send you home revitalized, with a new zest for life.
We always start the day with yoga, followed by 2 to 3 hours of FUN aerobic exercise. The afternoons are for relaxing, yoga, inspiring talks and Wine Tasting!
- Hiking in the Armstrong Redwoods
- Hiking at Bishop’s Ranch
- Road cycling (E-Bikes available) along West Dry Creek Road and beyond
- Wine Education class with sommelier Tracy Byrnes
- Daily Yoga, Meditation, Journaling
- Inspirational lectures
- Exclusive Wine/Food experience at Capo Creek:
- Capo Creek Winery is the place we chose for our wine tasting lunch because it was voted the best food/wine experience in the wine country. Mary Roy, the owner will prepare for our sinfully delicious cooking paired with a variety of fabulous wines. Get ready to indulge!
- Capo Creek is located in the heart of wine country in Northern California, surrounded by rolling hills and picturesque vineyards. The scenery is breathtaking and creates a relaxing and rejuvenating environment for our Women’s Quest wine tasting experience. They also have Award-winning wines: Capo Creek Winery produces award-winning wines, with a focus on small-batch, hand-crafted wines made from sustainably grown grapes. We will enjoy a variety of delicious wines, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir, among others.
- 4 nights at the Bishop’s Ranch
- All meals except one lunch is on your own in Healdsburg
- Professional instruction and guidance, for all ability levels.
* Transportation and bike rentals are not included in the price. We can organize single rooms for the retreat. They are $850 so email email@example.com because there are only 2 single rooms
What are the accommodations?
We will be staying at The Bishop’s Ranch. The Bishop’s Ranch is located on a sunny knoll nestled among the forests, farms and vineyards of Sonoma County with amazing road riding just outside our doors. We stay at a wonderful lodge called the Kay Qvale Ranch House at Bishop’s Ranch. It is a very large house with (9 rooms if we take the House each with a bathroom), 2 kitchens, a large dining room and unbelievable gardens with roses and jasmine right out the door. Each room has its own bathroom with shower and bathtub. There are running trails on the property and also a swimming pool to use during your free time. While the Bishop’s Ranch is owned by the Episcopal Diocese of California, ours is not a religious retreat but a spirit-filled retreat.
What airport do I fly in to?
San Francisco, California (SFO)
1. You can rent a car and drive to Bishop’s Ranch. If you can plug in the address below into your GPS:The Bishop’s Ranch 5297 Westside Road Healdsburg, CA 95448
- Take the WQ shuttle: Shuttles will be departing at 10:00 am, from the SFO airport on Sunday April 7th. Please be there at 9:30 to ensure an on time shuttle departure. We will send an email with a meeting point when the retreat comes closer. The San Francisco Airport is a small airport and very easy to navigate. If you cannot arrive by 7th please let us know. We want to get a full day of play in on Sunday. The shuttle is $75 each way, $150 total.
There will be a shuttle “Point Person” (a fellow Quester) who will oversee making sure everyone has arrived to the meeting spot on time. They will have everyone in their group’s cell phone number, and you will have theirs, so if you need to get in touch with each other once you have landed, that is your go-to person! They will call the shuttle once everyone in the group has arrived and get you on your way to the retreat. The shuttle can be paid using cash or a check at registration. We will stop in Healdsburg on the way to Bishops Ranch to eat lunch.
What time should I arrive?
Please arrive to the San Fransisco Airport by 9:30 on April 7th. If you have any problems we will find you a transportation solution to get to the Bishops Ranch
The retreat starts at 12:00pm on April 7th. Once the van arrives to Bishops Ranch
What time does the retreat end?
The retreat will end on April 11th at noon. Shuttles will return to San Francisco departing Bishops Ranch at 12:30 pm, and arriving at the airport around 2:30pm.
What if your flight is late or you do not make your shuttle:
If your flight is late or you do not make your shuttle, you can take the Sonoma Airport Shuttle from SFO to the Sonoma Airport. The Sonoma Airport is about 30 minutes from the Bishop’s Ranch, so you can take a taxi or uber from the Sonoma Airport to the Ranch. Please let one of the staff know if this happens and remember, it is all part of the adventure!Click here to learn more about the Retreat: Q&A
Cancellation policy for Sonoma Wine Country Retreat:
- If you must cancel, your $500 deposit is NOT REFUNDABLE
- Full refund, less deposit, will be given with at least 91 days notice
- Within 90 days of your camp sorry but absolutely no refund will be given
no exceptions will be granted to the above policy.
Please note: We are sorry but injury and illness do not disqualify you from any of the above cancellation policies. We are UNABLE to transfer deposits or any payments from one year to the next. We highly suggest that you get trip insurance.
We reserve the right to cancel retreats with inadequate participant interest, in which case all money paid to Women’s Quest will be refunded. Women’s Quest CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
For all 2023 retreats, a 4% fee will be added to full and balance due payments made using Paypal. Retreat deposits will not have the additional charge applied. You can always send a check to get out of PayPal charges:
Please make check to Women’s Quest at:
2525 Arapahoe Ave, Suite E-4, #181, Boulder, CO 80302
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a better idea of Covid-19 policies.
As a small company Women’s Quest is unfortunately not able to provide refunds of payments for retreats cancelled due to the COVID pandemic. This is primarily due to our financial commitments with the various retreat venues. As a result, the Women’s Quest policy for Coronavirus cancelations is to apply all payments to next year’s retreat or to any other Women’s Quest retreat of your choosing through the end of 2022. For those facing financial hardship as a result of the virus outbreak, we will work with you to find a solution that works for both you and our venues. Because of the unforeseen and unprecedented circumstances of the outbreak, this policy supersedes earlier policies.
Until further notice, all participants are required to receive a negative Covid test within five days of the start of the retreat. Additional safety guidelines may be issued prior to the retreat by Women’s Quest. Everyone is also required to comply with the local regulations on Covid safety. We will do our best to keep you updated on policies as they develop and we request you do your best to stay informed as well by checking with us and with the local regulations for the venue. Please note that even if the location does not have a testing policy, the Women’s Quest Covid policy does.
We highly, highly recommend you get travel insurance to cover your expenses and losses, in the event you cannot make the Women’s Quest retreat for any reason or if you test positive or come down with Symptoms prior to the retreat, develop Symptoms during the retreat, or cannot return home due to Covid related issues. We recommend getting insurance that covers the cost of your trip, medical care while at the retreat, and coverage to pay for the necessary quarantine period if you test positive or come down with Covid. Please remember, if you have to cancel your trip in the unfortunate event you come down with Covid, test positive, or suffer Symptoms prior to or during the retreat and need to leave, Women’s Quest cannot provide a refund since we have to pay your trip expenses well ahead of time.
If you are concerned about travel and the changing environment in which we are living irrespective of your Covid status, we recommend getting travel insurance that allows you to cancel for any reason. This coverage is more expensive, however, may provide you with the coverage and flexibility you desire.
Irrespective of the travel insurance you get, please make sure you talk to a travel insurance agent prior to buying any insurance and make sure you have the coverage you desire and that the policy will cover trip cancellation, medical expenses and trip interruption due to Covid.
You can do your own investigation by checking out Squaremouth, a travel insurance comparison company that helps travelers search, compare and buy travel insurance online https://www.