written by Colleen Cannon
“Live in the Sunshine, Swim the sea, Drink the wild air…”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I feel it is time to Jumpstart the system and the best way to do that is to GO GREEN!!!
1) Eat GREEN
My favorite GREEN recipe is something called Bieler Broth:
According to Sally Fallon in her book Nourishing Traditions, Dr. Bieler felt that this combination of vegetables was ideal for restoring acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium balance to organs and glands, especially the sodium-loving adrenal glands which suffer under stress. I just use it because it is simple and easy and my body loves it.
• 4 medium zucchini sliced up
• 1 pound string beans, (buy Organic green beans at Costco)
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 1-2 bunches parsley and I also like to add in there some cilantro
• 4 cups water
1. Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Then blend it up in a Vita mix or blender
3. Eat warm or cold.
My other miracle GREEN DRINK is CORE. This product is like having 3 green smoothies at once. For REAL!
I have been taking this and the SOUL product for 5 years now. Core is an Organic, Non GMO supplement to enhance your vitality and energy especially in the spring!!! If you want more information on this product and how to order it email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 303-545-9295
• Maintenance of the liver
• Boosts the body’s antioxidant system
• Stress relief
• Amazingly nutritious leafy green vegetable
• High amounts of beta carotene (precursor of vitamin A & C)
• Sulfur compounds which fights free radicals
• Destroys any toxic odors and bad bacteria from the body
• Restores damaged DNA
• Promotes healthy immune response
• Supports healthy blood glucose levels
• Regulators of inflammation
• Helps against allergies
• Aids in weight loss
• High in protein
• Breathe better
• Think clearer
• Great source of vitamins and minerals
• Wheat grass naturally detoxifies the body and boost immune systems
• Strong antioxidant
• Significantly high in vitamine E (Especially tocotriendols and tocopherols)
• Unique balance of Omega 3,6 and 9 essential fatty acids
Dandelion roots, sap and leaves are powerful ways to help keep the body healthy, ranging from improving liver function to combating skin conditions. Dandelion has been used successfully across a variety of cultures, for several applications. It’s no secret that it’s an excellent way to keep the body healthy.
Go Green for the Environment: Going green for the environment is basically thinking about what you are buying, using (re-using) and plugging in to.
Reduce: Make your own cleaning products
I use Thieves, a Young Living essential oil, or I heard you can also use baking soda, or lemon and vinegar
UNPLUG. Unplug all iphone chargers if you are not using them.
Reuse: Buy cloth napkins
Recycle: Try to make a compost
How to set up a compost… even if you live in a city!
Vermicompost, more commonly known as Worm-Compost, is one of the most simple and efficient ways to compost no matter where you live. Red wigglers are a wonderful creature that will break down your food waste and turn it into beautiful soil, called “castings”, in a miraculous turnover rate, leaving no smell or yucky mess. You can set up a worm compost underneath your sink in an apartment, out on a balcony, or even in a garage. Two Rubbermaid laundry bins, a bunch of old newspaper, a drill, and a few red wigglers are the only needed ingredients. Drill holes 2 inches apart in one of the plastic bins and prop that inside of the second (non-holed) bin using a rock, brick, or some weight so there is a bit of space for drainage between the top and bottom bin. Shred up a bunch of newspaper and create a bed in the bin. Put your worms and food waste into the bin, rotating the place of the bin from the left to right side of the bin daily. In about 3-4 months, you will have a full bin of finished castings to liven up your garden!
Refuse – Don’t buy anything plastic EVER!
My friend and fellow adventure-er Alison Teal, who was on “Naked and Afraid”, went to a nearby island and found it full of plastic. She made a movie out of this experience where she found the trash island. This movie alone made me super aware of plastic and how we ALL NEED TO REFUSE to USE It!
Here is the story of stuff:
The Story of Stuff.
We can all make a difference this Spring by Going even a little bit GREEN!!