1) Get outside NOW! People always think that Summer is going to last forever so they let the Summer pass them by. The first day of Summer is a good time to make plans to PLAY! It does not need to be a hard core workout to get you motivated to get outside – it can be a relaxed moment to drink in the fresh air, have a picnic, eat ice cream, watch music or a film outside, watch the stars at night, plant a garden for butterflies or bees, go camping or glamping. My favorite idea I have seen is to have a summer activity jar and put in all your fun things you want to do over the summer and choose one each morning and GO FOR IT!
2) Wear your Sunscreen! http://womensquest.com/wq/2017/06/21/staying-safe-in-the-summer-sun-giveaway/
3) Make Sun Tea, I just got my wonderful new Urban Tea Tumbler from The Tea Spot in Boulder, Colorado. I have been adding loose tea into the little compartment and setting it outside and in about 5 to 15 min you have perfect tea, http://theteaspot.com/cancer-hates-tea-tumbler.html?catid=153
or you can get the “Steep and Go” bottle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9FnrrmETFI
This is so much better then tea that you buy in the bottle with all the sugar and preservatives.
My two favorite HEALTHY VIBRANT ANTIOXIDANT teas I am making these days are:
Turmeric Tonic: http://theteaspot.com/organic-turmeric-ginger-chai.html?catid=164
Grasshopper Green: http://theteaspot.com/chocolate-mint-green-tea.html?catid=167
I am totally sensitive to caffeine but I had heard so many good things about this Grasshopper Green tea. So I tried it and I felt fantastic and I was able to sleep at night and not have the coffee or black tea side affects.
4) Get in the Water! I am landlocked here in Colorado but we have plenty of rivers and reservoirs to canoe, Stand Up Paddle and sometimes swim in. (the water is cold)
If you don’t have water nearby visit a water park for some slide action or your nearest pool.
5) Summertime recipes: The gardens are busting with Veggies now. What do to when zucchini overwhelms you in the garden and you are bored with the same old recipes?