Quick Links: Travel Information | Payment Information | FAQ | Packing List | Staff
Vermont Adventure Retreat
September 9-14, 2018
Hello and Welcome to Women’s Quest!
Kayaking in VermontWelcome to Women’s Quest Adventures for the Body, Mind, and Spirit! YOU will bring your amazing uniqueness to the retreat (just by being yourself), and we are THRILLED that you will be joining us on a journey of adventure, knowledge and play. Each year the staff has a wonderful time planning new adventures…creating a program that will be inspirational, restorative, and truly FUN. We will invite you to REKINDLE YOUR INNER KID! Retreats are a powerful time to reconnect with your inner wisdom and gain perspective and fresh “oomph” for your life. We commend you for taking time for yourself and coming to visit a place where true health means more than just having a strong body. You will discover how to fine-tune the relationship between your body, mind and spirit to achieve fitness FROM THE INSIDE OUT.
We have fantastic activities planned for you this Fall. We are looking forward to an INCREDIBLE time together. “The cure for exhaustion is not necessarily rest, it is WHOLEHEARTEDNESS” (Brother David Sendall-Rast). Your Vermont Adventure retreat will drench your senses and enliven your heart. We will share unique experiences and you will make new women-friends.
What we have planned for you on the Vermont Adventure Retreat: We will be staying at the Trout Club on Lake Mt Mansfield right at the base of the Long Trail which is the most famous trail in all of Vermont. The Trout Club looks just like “On Golden Pond” and is a private club with amazing food, two huge rooms with fireplaces, a wrap around deck with nice big rocking chairs to read your books, swimming dock with kayaks and canoes and hiking right out your door. Our staff says the Trout Club is their favorite place on EARTH! Once you arrive every cell of your body will automatically relax at the amazing scenery.
GET READY FOR AN AWESOME WEEK OF FUN AND ADVENTURE! Please feel free to call or email us if you have further questions. See you In Vermont!
With excitement and anticipation,
The Women’s Quest Staff
What to Expect at the Vermont Adventure Retreat
Awaken in natural rhythm with the sun, coming into your fresh, new day slowly. Join us for a gentle morning yoga session followed by a gourmet, family-style breakfast served by the Trout Club’s on site chef. After breakfast, we’ll break into small groups for an uplifting mountain bike ride. You can choose an easy or challenging course, depending on how you feel that day. Either way, you’ll ride with women of your same ability and comfort level. We’ll refuel with a hearty, energizing lunch prepared at the Trout Club by our amazing chef, or if we’re out biking on location, like the famous bike path in Stowe or the Trapp Valley Lodge trails (aka mountain biking paradise, and yes, we’re talking the same Von Trapps from The Sound of Music), we’ll enjoy lunch in town, with one very special lunch planned at the Bavarian Café on the Von Trapp property – truly a cultural and culinary experience to remember! After lunch, you’ll have free time to swim, canoe, or kayak in our private lake, lounge on the dock with a good book, or fold yourself into a rocking chair on our adorable wrap-around porch. After a decadent dinner (people come from all over to dine at the Trout Club), it’s time to tap into our creative vision with lectures, demonstrations, and creative exercises, including our trademark Heart’s Desire process, designed to awaken your dreams and unleash your full potential. The evening ends by 9:00 p.m., ensuring you’re in sync with the man in the moon.
- Freshwater lakes, breathtaking views, and spectacular forest trails for daily adventures, all part of our remote playground.
- Daily yoga and balancing practices, including massage *extra fee, Qigong, and quiet time to enjoy the exquisite surroundings of our lakeside retreat.
- Outdoor adventures for all ability levels, including hiking, trail running, and mountain biking in magical forests and magnificent meadows, and canoeing, (possible fishing) and swimming in some of Vermont’s most secret spots.
- Mountain biking on the Stowe bike path, considered the most beautiful bike path in the country.
- Day trip to town to shop local artisans. Includes tours of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream factory, Cold Hollow Cider Mill, and Cabot Creamery Annex. One afternoon we visit a Maple Syrup Farm
- Day trip to The Trapp Valley Lodge, a 2,400-acre playground. We’ll bike some of the most serene, scenic trails in existence, with well-kept beginner friendly terrain and spectacular scenery. Lunch on site at the Von Trapp’s exquisite Bavarian café is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Daily inspirational talks, heartfelt discussion and sharing, visualization, journaling and creative activities.
- Expert health, wellness, and training tips from the pros on staff.
- Massage available all day, everyday.
- Immersion into nature, and the opportunity to re-sync with her natural rhythms.
- Lots of laughter, friendship, and relaxation.
Included in the Price:
- Five nights at the charming Trout Club.
- Delicious, healthy meals featuring fresh, organic food cooked by our on site chef. Two lunches will be on your own to experience the local cuisine in Stowe, and at the Bavarian Café at Trapps
- All tours including Ben & Jerry’s ice cream factory, Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Cabot Creamery Annex and Maple Syrup visit
- Gyrokenisis Yoga instruction in the morning (Please bring your own mat)
- Use of canoes
- Professional instruction and guidance for all activities.