Quick Links: Travel Information | Payment Information | FAQ | Packing List | Staff
San Juan Islands Cycling & Yoga Retreat
July 29 – August 3, 2018
Hello and Welcome to Women’s Quest!
Welcome Women’s Quest Adventures for the Body, Mind, and Spirit! You will bring your amazing uniqueness to the retreat (just by being yourself), and we are thrilled that you will be joining us on a journey of adventure, knowledge and play. We will invite you to rekindle your inner kid! Retreats are a powerful time to reconnect with your inner wisdom and gain perspective and fresh “oomph” for your life. We commend you for taking time for yourself and coming to visit a place where true health means more than just having a strong body. You will discover how to fine-tune the relationship between your body, mind and spirit to achieve fitness from the inside out.
We have fantastic activities planned for you this summer. We are looking forward to an incredible time together. “The cure for exhaustion is not necessarily rest, it is wholeheartedness” (Brother David Sendall-Rast). Your Adventures during this retreat will drench your senses and enliven your heart. We will share unique experiences and you will make new women-friends.
To make your retreat experience as enjoyable as possible from start to finish, we would like to walk you through all the information you will need to get ready for your adventure!
Get ready for an awesome week of fun and adventure! Please feel free to call or email us if you have further questions. See you in the Washington!
With excitement and anticipation,
The Women’s Quest Staff
What to Expect at the San Juan Cycling & Yoga Retreat
Awaken at the historic Majestic Inn and Spa in downtown Anacortes, walking distance to the waterfront, cafes, and boutique shops. Enjoy the full service spa and feast on local produce and meats at the farm-to-table restaurant (http://www.majesticinnandspa.com). Every morning we will get our bodies moving with a Strong Balance Class and invigorating yoga. We will then have a delicious, healthy breakfast together before getting on our bikes to start our daily explorations along the breathtaking roads. During the six days of cycling, we will tour the San Juan Islands and surrounding waterfront, check out local shops in historic Friday Harbor, and visit the famous Deception Pass Bridge with stunning views of the Puget Sound. There will be a balance of activity and relaxation to ensure you have time to unwind, make new friends, and sink into the magic of the islands.
- 6 days of cycling down quiet lanes through lush forests and wide-open coastline
- Staying at the historic, luxury Majestic Inn and Spa in downtown Anacortes
- 1 day of Stand Up paddleboarding or kayaing in the beautiful Anacortes Marina and surrounding waters.
- Daily morning Strong Balance Classes and yoga to keep you strong and pain free
- Scenic ferry rides to the San Juan Islands
- Visits to Orcas Island, Whidbey Island, Lopez Island, Guemes Island and San Juan Island with the charming Friday Harbor
- Full service spa at the Majestic Inn and Spa
- Local produce and meats at the farm-to-table restaurant
- Sunset whale watching tour with dinner
- Boutique shopping in the quaint island villages of Friday Harbor and Eastsound
- The breathtaking panorama of islands, snow-covered Mount Baker and the Olympic Peninsula
- Immersion into nature, and the opportunity to re-sync with her natural rhythms
- Women’s Quest signature talks
- Expert health, wellness, and training tips from the pros on staff
- Lots of laughter, friendship, and adventure
Included in the Price:
- Five nights, six days accommodations at the historic luxury Majestic Inn and Spa in downtown Anacortes (see”FAQ” for more detail regarding lodging and transportation)
- Guided Standup Paddleboarding
- Guided Bike Trips
- Sunset Whale Watching Tour
- Ferry rides to the islands
- Delicious, healthy breakfast and dinners
- Professional guidance for all activities