Quick Links: Travel Information | Payment Information | FAQ | Packing List | Staff
Hawaii Relaxation & Yoga Retreat
Big Island, Hawaii
April 22-28, 2018
Hello and Welcome to Women’s Quest!
Catch the Aloha spirit and thaw out with us in the truly magical and healing waters of Hawaii. This very special retreat will take place at the Hale Kai house near the bay of Hookena. The main house of Hale Kai will be home to our kitchen, yoga room and meeting place. It is an open-air, covered space built atop lava rock. It positions itself about 100 yards from the Pacific Ocean. The views are awe inspiring. The Pacific breeze will blow endlessly through your hair. The sun will rise and set before your eyes on the horizon of what must be one of the most beautiful places on the planet, Hale Kai.
The rooms we stay in are tucked in to the lush, island forest surrounding the main house of Hale Kai. Each bungalow has its own private space for you to meditate, journal and relax in. When you tuck yourself in for bed you will be rocked by the sound of the Pacific Ocean massaging the lava rock with waves carried in by the breath of the Pacific wind.
This is a retreat to nourish yourself, to rejuvenate every cell of your body and every space of your mind. Your spirit cannot help but remember herself at Hale Kai. We will swim in the open water and share our essence with sea creatures. It is possible to see whales, dolphins and turtles. We will sea kayak and snorkel plus practice different kinds of yoga. We will talk together about how to bring more of the energy of Hale Kai into our daily lives. We will hike. We will run. We will play!
We will have fun in the magic waters of Hawaii!!
GET READY FOR AN AWESOME WEEK OF FUN AND ADVENTURE! Please feel free to call or email us if you have further questions. See you in Hawaii!!
The Women’s Quest Staff
What to Expect at the Hawaii Rejuvenation Retreat
Awaken to the scent of a plumeria-infused breeze wafting through your bungalow, and indulge in a mug of Wahine Kona coffee or herbal tisane as the iridescent dawn spreads over the ocean. As you like, take a morning jog or hike up to the rim of the cliffs, or stroll a few meters to the beach for your first swim of the day in our bay. If the dolphins are in, it’s a magical treat!
Breakfast follows, with a vibrant fruit salad, a hearty egg dish, fresh baked goods, yogurt, teas, juices, and cereals. Then we’ll have a group outing to the beach for swimming, kayaking, or snorkeling; or a day-trip to one of our favorite spots on the island: the ancient site of City of Refuge, the undersea paradise of Honaunau, hiking to a hidden beach, or kayaking to the Captain Cook Monument. Lunch is served on the terrace at Hale Kai, or we’ll take a picnic lunch. After lunch, you’re free to take a nap, relax in the fabulous silk cushions on the veranda, or languish in a shady hammock with a good book. We’ll cap off the day with either an energizing or restorative yoga class, depending on our earlier activities, in the open yoga pavilion overlooking the ocean. After a sunset dinner, featuring the sumptuous fresh cuisine of our gourmet chef, we’ll gather for an inspirational talk by Hawaiian shaman Kalani, a creative exercise using watercolors, or our unique Heart’s Desire process with Colleen. Relax in an after-dinner circle with guided sharing and lots of laughter before letting the sound of the waves lull you to sleep under the starry velvet sky.
- Daily Gyrokenisis yoga and Qigong instruction, including relaxation and breathing techniques, held in a stunning seaside pavilion.
- Creative activities, lectures, discussions, and our Heart’s Desire process, designed to set your dreams in motion.
- Inspired journeys into nature, exploring the ocean and her bountiful sea life, sacred sites, and secret beaches
- Three delicious, healthful meals per day, served with an ocean view. Two lunches and two dinners are on your own so you have the opportunity to explore the island’s culture and cuisine.
- Traditional Hawaiian Lomi Lomi or Thai massage for an additional cost.
- Immersion in nature, her rhythms and tides.
- Lots of laughter, friendship, and relaxation.
Included in the Price:
- Six nights lodging at a stunning yoga retreat center right on the water (see FAQ for details on room choices).
- Yoga instruction.
- Yoga props and mat (you’re also welcome to bring your own mat).
- Sea kayaking and stand up paddle boarding equipment (you’ll be responsible for renting or bringing your own snorkel equipment, if you want to snorkel).
- Fresh, delicious meals served by our great chef, and all snacks.
- All guided tours