Quick Links: Travel Information | Payment Information | FAQ | Packing List | Staff
Coed Tuscany Cycling Retreat
Castagneto Carducci, Italy
September 15-22, 2018
Hello and Welcome to Women’s Quest!
Welcome to this fantastic trip of cycling, yoga, outrageous fun and spirited adventures in the magical heart of Tuscany. This is the trip you’ve always dreamed of, open to all abilities. With expert instruction and guidance for all activities, we cycle quiet backroads through the unspoiled countryside of the Etruscan coast on the Mediterranean sea, visit magnificent medieval villages, discover the best gelato and cappuccino stops, savor the freshest local cuisine, learn to prepare authentic dishes from local cooks, taste the finest wines, olive oils, and cheeses together with the families that produce them, and experience true Tuscan hospitality and local color in all aspects of this unique, personalized retreat. Come enliven body, mind and soul with us in the glorious feast for the senses that is Tuscany.
Get ready for an AWESOME week of fun and adventure. We look forward to seeing you in Italy!
Please feel free to call or write if you have further questions.
With excitement and anticipation,
The Women’s Quest Staff
What to Expect at the Coed Tuscany Cycling Retreat
Most mornings we will begin with yoga to awaken our senses and limber our bodies before enjoying a buffet breakfast with foamy cappuccinos. Then we’ll pedal the Tuscan roads, famous for their cypress trees, lack of traffic, and friendly drivers. Our afternoons will be spent exploring villages, doing art projects or creative journaling, swimming in the calm sea, and rekindling the spark for life. Poetry, and creative processes for clarifying your heart’s desire are sprinkled into the mix of all our adventures, bringing mindfulness to our Italian adventure.
Throughout the retreat, you will have personal and individualized professional instruction and guidance during all activities. Our staff consists of world-class athletes and coaches, who will offer you heartfelt support and instruction. We’ll create small riding groups to ensure everyone rides with others at a similar ability level. Riding options are provided for beginners to accomplished riders. And, all rides are fully supported with a bike mechanic and a sag wagon (full of fruit, water, cookies and, of course, chocolate).
To compliment your cycling, we also offer hiking and running adventures on trails lined with olive trees, and on roads leading to wonderful places. For instance, at Fattoria de Colle we can run/hike to a cheese maker’s house!
Included in the Price:
- 8 days, 7 nights accommodations at comfortable, charming, and authentic family-run Tuscan establishments
- 6 dinners, four lunches, and daily breakfasts – all amazing food, in true Tuscan spirit! And all snacks.
- Daily road cycling rides, guided by our professional staff.
- A bike mechanic and sag wagon with spare parts.
- Transportation from Camastrello Sport Hotel to Fattoria de Colle and back again.
- A guided visit to Fonte di Foiano, rated one of the best olive oil presses in Italy.
- A cooking class in a renovated Tuscan farmhouse with our friend and culinary artist Chicca.
- Lunch and a wine tasting at the winery of Giovanni Chiappini • Picnic on the beach at the tranquil Baratti Bay, the beach of the Etruscans • A day with world-renowned artist Rolando Stefanacci.
- A visit and guided tour of the magnificent town of Siena.
- Wine Tasting in the heart of Brunello country.
- A visit to Cicclo Sport, a Tuscan bike shop with even more local color than the sunsets over the Tyrhenian Sea.
- Yoga classes (daily, or as demand dictates).
- Goodies from our sponsors.